Idiom of the day

(10-01-13) much of a madness: very alike or similar; not much different. We could study abroad at either the program Westminster or the one at Middlesex, as they are much of a madness.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why the Academic Blog Kills Me

The lovely, wonderful English department here in scenic Flushing has something of a hard on for academic blogs, the idea of community forum and subsequently open (virtual) conversation. Unfortunately, this means classmates are expected to respond to each other's ideas. While I hide it very well in person to person interaction, I'm more than a little bit of a bitch and a literary snob. As such, these are comments which I (almost) posted in response to ideas about our class readings.

1) That's a great reading! It's also a horribly wrong reading that you can't possibly support, but great all the same!
2) While I'm really impressed that you know of the word "juxtaposition", it has no context here. Please stop trying to impress the professor
3) I only have one suggestion: next time, you should probably try reading BEFORE you post.
4) I once held a similar opinion regarding poetry. Did you know the tooth fairy is also not real?
5) What the fuck are you smoking?
6) Regarding comment 5: Can I have some? Please?
7) You are the sole reason for American illiteracy.
8) I'd like you to dig deeper into that trite symbolic reading while I slit my wrist. Kay?

1 comment: