Idiom of the day

(10-01-13) much of a madness: very alike or similar; not much different. We could study abroad at either the program Westminster or the one at Middlesex, as they are much of a madness.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

superidiomtuesday

I am really sorry about the lack of updates. I have been ill. Sinus infection. *shakes fist* COLBERT!!!! *shakes fist*

So here are all the idioms that went missing:


(10-01-12) In Queer Street: in a difficult situation especially because of lack of money. My cousin is in Queer Street, he can't afford to pay the rent. He's also too lazy to find a job, but that's a different matter entirely.
(10-01-11) Dirt cheap: extremely cheap. Dude, I found one of my textbooks for next semester on amazon.com dirt cheap!
(10-01-10) Have a bee in one's bonnet:to have an idea or a thought remain in one's mind; to have an obsession. I have a bee in my bonnet about going to London.
(10-01-09) pipe-dream: a wish or an idea which is impossible to achieve or carry out. (From the dreams/hallucinations induced by smoking opium). Our study abroad ain't some pipe-dream.
(10-01-08) Milk of human kindness:Natural kindness and sympathy shown to others. (From Shakespeare's Scottish Play). Dude, your girlfriend is such a beach, she's lacking the very milk of human kindness.
(10-01-07)Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :
See how you like that! It is final, and you have to live with it .
Listen, I don't love you anymore, kay? You are a horrible, cruel person, and the only reason I ever put up with you is for the sake of the fish, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

No comments:

Post a Comment